COS Certified Nurse Assistant Course
This is an Excellent Opportunity if yo are thinking of a career in nursing. College of the Siskiyous is offering the course so you can become a Certified Nurse Assistant. Once you have the designation of CNA you can work in Skilled Care Facilities, Extended Care Facilities and Residential Care Facilities. Classes Start June 9th 3 days a week for 8 weeks up in Yreka. If you want to do this - we will worth with you so you an get your finals done early. For further information contact the Nursing Office at 841-5929. Registration begins April 28....Orientation is May 5 1-3.
Prerequisites for Admission:
- READ 0862 or approved course or qualification through COMPASS assessment
- ENGL 0896 or approved course or qualification through COMPASS assessment
- Fingerprinting background check - if you have past convictions, you may be disqualified from the CNA program and from obtaining state licensure (CNA program form is required)
- Drug screening clearance (CNA program form is required)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Meet or exceed minimum health and physical requirements
- Successfully pass a physical exam (within 30 days of class start date - CNA program medical examination form is required) and complete required immunizations or show documented proof of immunity: Chicken Pox, MMR, TDap, Hep. B series (the first 2 in the series of 3 injections must be completed prior to entering clinical) and a TB skin test (taken within 1 month of starting the program).
- American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR Card good through the duration of the CNA program
- Furnish RELIABLE transportation to get to the site.
College Prep Help
The link below will take you to, "I Need a Pencil!". This site offers excellent information everything from SAT test prep (free) to financial aid and the college admission process. Take some time to explore the site and garner some helpful information as you prepare for next year.
Why Attend a Community College?
Sign up for Mrs. P's texts!
If you would like to receive a text or e-mail from me ('Remind 101') to let you know when new scholarships come in and other important class information, follow the attached instructions: