- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Character - judged by letters of recommendation
- Content of Biography
- Content of Activities Information
Mt. Shasta Memorial Endowed Scholarship: Deadline 2/28/2020
Siskiyou Co. Cattlewomen: $1,000, Deadline 4/1/2020
Backcountry Horsemen of CA: Deadline 4/6/20 $1,000
- Continuing education in the fall or spring term following graduation
- 2.0 min. g.p.a
- Graduating from a Siskiyou Co. High School.
Marine Corps Legacy Scholarship: 3/3/2020 deadline
Additionally, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- GPA of at least 2.00 (on a 4.00 scale)
- Family adjusted gross income for the 2019 tax year that does not exceed $103,000. Non-taxable allowances are not included in the adjusted gross income.
- Attending or planning to attend a college or career training school listed on the National Center for Education Statistic’s College Navigator website in the 2020-21 academic year.
Elks Legacy Award: Deadline 1/31/2020
Legacy Awards are $4,000 scholarships available to children and grandchildren of Elks members. Eligibility requirements are outlined below.
The Foundation will offer a total of 300 awards in the 2020 contest.
COS Foundation Scholarships
Application Period January 1 - March 13
The College of the Siskiyous (COS) Foundation is committed to providing financial assistance to College of the Siskiyous students demonstrating ongoing academic effort and or financial need. Scholarship award amounts vary from $250 to $3,000. The application process opens early January of each year and closes mid March. Applications are available online, or may be picked up from the Weed Campus Admissions and Records Office, Foundation Office (located in Building 95 - next to the Science Building and Gym Parking Lot), or the Yreka Campus Business Office. If you have questions, please call (530) 938-5373.
A scholarship can provide not only necessary financial assistance, but often the encouragement a student needs to continue in school despite obstacles. It is our honor to serve the students of College of the Siskiyous and to help them find their path to a new future.
- Scholarships Available Brochure (PDF) (subject to change based on funding available)
- Foundation Scholarship Application (PDF)
- DeCausmaker Scholarship Application (PDF)
Completed applications should be returned to the COS Foundation Office, 800 College Avenue, Weed, CA 96094 by March 13.
Ford Family Scholarships - Deadline March 1, 2020 EFC of $6,000 or less on FAFSA. go to www.tfff.org/Scholarships
Footlocker Scholar Athletes: Deadline Jan 3, 2020
In order to be eligible for the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes Program, the applicant must:
Be entering college in the Fall of 2020 as a Freshman at an accredited four-year institution for an undergraduate degree;
Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community based sports.
Have a minimum GPA of 3.0;
Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship and age if you win);
Not be an employee, officer or director of Foot Locker, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, or a member of the immediate family of such an employee, officer or director.
College Board Scholarship Opportunities: various deadlines
The College Board just forwarded me this list. Some on the list are: : APIA (America Pacific Islander Assn), Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund, Corbell Scholarship - for vocational schools only. These are all national scholarships - click here for complete list.
Grange Co-op: Deadline 1/31/20
(8) $1,500 scholarships to high school seniors, one $2,000 scholarship to a high school senior.
Must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher and participated during the academic school year in at least one of these activities:
4-H, FFA, Horticulture, DECA, FBLA, student body leadership, school sports, or non-related actvities such as work expereince.
Italian Catholic Federation: Deadline 3/15/20
- 3.2 gpa
- Are a Roman Catholic and of Italian Descent
- Roman Catholic parent, guardian or grandparent is a member of the Italian Catholic Federation - the student must be Catholic but neeed not be of Italian Descent
- For more information: www.icf.org
American Chemical Society Scholarship: Deadline March 1, 2020
To be considered for a scholarship through the ACS Scholars Program, candidates must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent U.S. resident
- Be African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, or American Indian
- Be a graduating high school senior or college freshman, sophomore or junior. Seniors can apply for their fifth year.
- Intend to major or already major in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical technology, or another chemistry-related science AND plant to pursue a career in a chemistry-related science as well (please see below for more details)
- Be a full-time student at a high school or accredited college, university, or community college
- Demonstrate high academic achievement in chemistry or science (Grade Point Average 3.0 or higher)