Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
Mount Shasta High School Graduates are:
Creative and complex thinkers who:
- express original thought and develop inspiration in their areas of interest.
- value learning, experiment with new ideas, and take risks in order to excel.
- seek to bridge divides by challenging their own beliefs to understand other points of view.
- solve college and career-related problems using various types of reasoning.
- analyze information for bias and discern possible misinformation.
- synthesize, summarize, compare, and contrast information from multiple sources.
Active citizens who:
- show academic and personal integrity through their choices and actions.
- are informed, involved, and take an active role in building positive communities at school and at large.
- identify and ask significant questions that clarify various points of view to solve problems.
- interpret information and draw conclusions to make informed decisions.
- understand the need to adapt to a changing world and modify roles and responsibilities appropriately.
Effective communicators who:
- demonstrate emotional intelligence in the ways that they engage with others.
- recognize and interpret the elements of communication: written, verbal (vocabulary, enunciation, projection) and nonverbal (body language, eye contact, listening, attentiveness, etc), and use them in the appropriate contexts.
- demonstrate understanding of information by interpreting technical and academic language and explaining it in common language.
Technologically proficient citizens who:
- utilize technology responsibly and ethically to produce individual and shared products.
- utilize technology to develop foundational skills to be used throughout life.
- identify accurate and valid information through cross-referencing multiple sources.
- understand the importance of Internet security and privacy for themselves and others.
- adapt to ever evolving technology.